Basler rethinks embedded vision: As a product highlight at embedded world 2021 DIGITAL, Basler today presents an in-house developed Embedded Processing Kit that is optimized for flexible use in vision applications. Due to its design for industrial use, the development kit can be used not only for prototyping but also in series production. Developers can thus use the Embedded Processing Kit to achieve ready-to-use vision solutions very quickly.
At the start of embedded world 2021 DIGITAL, Basler is presenting an Embedded Vision Processing Kit that includes various interfaces for image processing and thus allows the connection of different camera types. The in-house developed board benefits from a flexible SoM and carrier board approach based on NXP's i.MX 8M Plus SoC.
Vision Processing Kit
The kit includes the reliable pylon Camera Software Suite, which provides certified drivers for all types of camera interfaces, simple programming interfaces and a comprehensive set of tools for camera setup. For vision applications, BCON for MIPI, GigE Vision and USB3 Vision are available as interfaces. Customers can configure cameras with a wide range of sensors and performance specifications from Basler's extensive portfolio. The flexible design, which is already geared towards industrial use, can be adapted to any vision project with little effort. For users, this results in less development effort and lower costs.
The application areas of the Embedded Processing Kit are extremely diverse and are located wherever fast time-to-market and price sensitivity are required. Thus it can be used in everything from factory automation, logistics and retail to applications in robotics, smart city and smart agriculture.
First functional samples will be available in April, general availability is planned for July. Further development steps towards volume production for use in products and projects as well as further variants with expansion of software support are planned.
- Designed for flexible and demanding use in industrial environments
- Compact design, suitable for commercially available standard housings
- NXP i.MX 8M Plus with powerful Neural Network Processor Unit (NPU) and integrated Image Signal Processor (ISP) for extensive Machine Learning capabilities
- Vision-optimized interfaces: BCON for MIPI, GigE Vision, USB3 Vision
- Standard interfaces: HDMI, GPIOs, SPIs/I2Cs, LVDS, UART, CAN, USB2.0, WIFI, Bluetooth
- Ready to start software: pylon API, camera driver, code samplles
- AI ready
Any questions? Don't hesitate to contact our sales department